Digital Art – Mirror

I did the line work traditionally, and it was totally easier than doing my line work and sketching digitally, hah. Maybe I’ll start doing this more often, my traditional sketching and lines are always more enjoyable anyway! Doing it this way also reminded me of some very old drawings I did of Brutus and Akina years ago (like, all the way in 2012 years ago!).

It’s odd, having a feeling of nostalgia and contentment doing something you remember doing ages ago. I remember when I first did the Brutus and Akina ones, thinking “I’m really am an artist doing things like this! It’s so much EASIER!”. 🤣

Near the end of this trad-digital drawing though, my tablet pen refused to respond to any input I did. I think it’s time to say good-bye to my Yiynova soon, it lived a good two years…

Media Used: CLIP STUDIO PAINT, and a Yiynova MSP19U+ Tablet

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Digital Art – Mirror

• Jesslyn "Marly" Buote says:

Brutus and Akina are characters I made a long time ago from playing the game series Dragon Age! Currently, they have their own fan-comic series going on called Dragon Age: ECHO if you want to check it out more. I’m glad you find them to be interesting, that everything a creator wants to hear to be honest! 💗

• Vyache says:

I especially like the line-art idea. I might steal it for my own creations! Oh wow Dragon Age! I remember playing that for a little bit. I think stopped when I reached the winter areas. Not much of fan-comic person. I used to read some manga.

• Jesslyn "Marly" Buote says:

Do it, it makes things waaay easier in the long run if you’re more used to technical pens than a tablet pen. Honestly, Dragon Age is one of my favourite game series there is, hence the fan-comic and whole ton-of-characters thing I currently have going on. And no problem, each to their own! I loved manga as a youngling too…

• Vyache says:

A thought, I’ve been drawing the daily prompt’s from WordPress to challenge myself. In the light of my goal, I want to reduce time spent and focus on learning. https://vykantor.com/blog/ Not sure if its a good idea to keep doing them. In short, I hope I don’t burn out. Yet, I’m curious if you had done any of these types of things?

• Jesslyn "Marly" Buote says:

I would love a link to where you’re getting the daily prompts – since honestly, I could use any prompt I could get. A good way to stop yourself from burning out, in my opinion, is using different mediums. Even if the drawing is shite, it’s better than doing something that makes you feel burned out + tired. Also, you are allowed to take a day off to recover from possible burn out, at times a break is better for your art improvement. But I’ve done something like that before a while ago! Although it was mostly a personal “keep it in your sketchbook to yourself” kind of deals.

• Vyache says:

Today’s prompt is Panacea. It’s probably still going raging on 🙂 In the same fashion, they show you how to subscribe to them. I want to sign up for their Black & White Photography.

• Jesslyn "Marly" Buote says:

Thanks for the link, mate! Do you have any photography on your blog by any chance I can check out? I’m not a photographing person (unless you count pet pictures), but I’d love to see your work.

Lets have a conversation!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s